Largs Academy Campus
Project Reference: 5547 Project Title: Largs Campus
The new Largs campus is the latest in North Ayrshire Council School’s Programme, the new school will amalgamate the existing St Mary’s Primary, with Brisbane Primary, Kelburn Primary with Largs Academy and a new 100/100 early years centre. The chosen site is located on a site within Largs to the west of the town adjacent to Alexander Avenue and the existing Sport’s Scotland Training Facility. This project was delivered via a Design, Build, Finance and Maintain Contract under the Hub South West Framework and is being led by Morrison Construction Scotland. Because of the nature of the works this specification includes contractor-designed packages, with performance criteria set by the Design Team against pre-determined briefing information.
Low Voltage Switchgear
Shaw Automation Ltd supplied a Low Voltage Package solution to the client enabling them to place one order for all of the electrical distribution switchgear.
Switchgear package Consisting of:-
Main Low Voltage Switchboards Form 4 type 6
Sub Distribution Low Voltage Switchboards
Sub Distribution MCCB Panel Boards
MCB Distribution Boards
Main Switchboards were manufactured to EN 61439-2 with full design verification.
Using the Hager Quadro+ Switchboard system Shaw automation were able to provide a competitive package with the full support of the Hager organisation.
- Floor standing
- Colour : RAL 7035 (light Grey)
- Form 4 type 6
- Busbars rated at 2000A 50kA for 1 sec
- Top and bottom cable entry
- Incoming devices:- Hager ACB
- Outgoing devices:- Hager MCCB LSI
- One contact point for all LV Distribution requirements
- Fully certified products
- Panel boards fully assembled with MCCBs fitted and tested.
- Distribution Boards assembled with MCBs/RCBOs fitted and fully tested
- Quick easy site installation due to Panel board and Distribution Board pre assembly.
- Onsite electrician only have to open one box for a panel board. All MCCBs pre installed.
- Distribution Boards fully assembled and surrounded with galvanised trunking, minimising installation time on site.
Main advantages for the installer using the preassembled MCCB and MCB Distribution Boards with cable containment pre-fitted.
- No loose components on a building site
- Reduction in product loss
- Reduction in product damage
- Substantial reduction on installation time
- Units fully mounted on Uni-Strut
- 4 bolt fixing only for complete split board assembly